Well, I’ve updated the look yet again at themuy. After upgrading to the latest WordPress version, I decided to check out Michael’s K2 theme. So far, daddy like. I’ll be tweaking this design a bit, so expect things to look funky from time to time.
Happy Birthday, Erin!
It’s the wife’s birthday today. Happy birthday, darling!
Watch out, Bill Graham
Oh yeah, Bill Graham is dead. Regardless, I’d like to announce that I am adding concert promoter to my list of talents.
Yep, that’s right. I booked all of the musical acts for this year’s Grant Park Summer Shade Festival, an event to help the Grant Park Conservancy, which is dedicated to restoring Atlanta’s oldest park. The festival features an artist market, food vendors, a 5k run, a criterium bike race, kid’s center, and two stages of musical entertainment. It takes place this weekend, August 27-28. You should go!
I spent the earlier part of this year putting together the entertainment lineup for this year’s festival. There are two stages: a rock stage and acoustic stage. These stages will feature 31 different acts over the course of the two day festival. I’m quite proud of the quality of the bands—many of my friends are playing and they represent some of the best bands playing around Atlanta these days. Here’s the lineup.
It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. The best part is now that my work is done, I can just sit back and enjoy the music. I’ll also be spending most of the festival at my wife’s jewelry booth. Please come by and say hello.
Those of you who know me in non binary form, are probably aware that this year has been a pretty hard one for ol’ Tim. The wife and I have had to endure some pretty crappy things, prompting us to half-jokingly believe that the earth entered some weird parallel universe after W was re-elected last year. Would you care to see a list?
- We’ve both had some scary physical inuries that required way too many visits to the emergency room.
- Our new house has some major issues that were not fully disclosed to us by the previous owners.
- Our new house has some major issues that were fully disclosed to us, but still suck (we still love our house, though, it rocks.).
- Speaking of our new house, the main water line to said house burst back in February, costing us around $3,000 in repairs.
- My iPod was stolen from my car in my driveway by some punk who broke my car window to get it.
- Remember the emergency rooms mentioned earlier? Well, one of them (Atlanta Medical Center), tried to charge us $100 because my wife walked in with a bleeding finger, was told that there would be a long wait and decided to find treatment elsewhere. I ended up getting us out of paying, but not before I had to jump through all kinds of red tape and “let me talk to your supervisor” type stuff for months. Their incompetence was truly awe inspiring.
- Some stupid/lame h4x0rs gained access to the web server that hosts themuy and a buttload of my freelance sites, causing a bunch of administrative hassle for me and my partner.
- My wife has had a lot of dental work done this year and, guess what, our dental insurance SUCKS.
- My 14 year old second cousin died in a freak accident.
- My aunt died suddenly a week and one day after my cousin (causing my first cousin to lose her son and mom in 8 days time and me to lose my favorite aunt).
- Much to my chagrin, George Bush is still president.
- There are more to list, but from here on down the individual items aren’t that bad, they just form a critical mass of suckiness.
It is in trying times like these that you have to look outside of yourself and surrender to a higher power. Man was just not equipped to handle everything this world can throw at him. So, after searching for all of these years, I think I have found a god I can believe in. One who will carry me when I am weak and walk (or float) beside me when I’m strong.
I am officially announcing my conversion to Pastafarianism. Bobby Henderson has shown me the way. He is the prophet and Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only true god.
And to that, I say, Ramen.
The State I’m In
This is one of those really annoying posts about why I haven’t been writing much lately. Sorry in advance.
Mucho crappiness has been going on around me as of late and it has sapped my strength to the point that I rarely feel like writing anything on this site anymore. I want this to change and will be writing more, I swear. I just wanted you to know what is going on and why pretty much the only thing that happens on themuy these days is a random post of links to other tidbits of note on this world wide web of internets.
One thing I know for sure is that these things suck: death, car break-ins, physical injury, website hackers and Atlanta Medical Center.
I sure am glad it’s a three day weekend. Here’s hoping nothing blows up. Cheers!
I’ve upgraded to WordPress 1.5, so please let me know if anything is acting up. Overall, the upgrade process went very smoothly. Of course, I was using the Kubrick theme already, so it was not that different from what I was used to.
Battling the Evildoers
This is something you most definitely won’t care at all about, but I’m telling you anyway. I’m currently battling some evil referrer spam and this might cause things to look a little bit weird around here in muyland. If you see something odd on my site (apart from the laughable writing skills and questionable logic), will you please let me know? Just shoot an email across the bow to tim at this web site.
Gracias chicas y chicos.
Getcha Gmail Invites!
I’m one of the lucky people who have been allotted 50 Gmail invitations to give away. So, if you haven’t checked out Gmail yet, just drop me a comment and I’ll hook you up.
I’ve been using Gmail for a while now and absolutely love it. You will too. Gmail is free, offers more space than free Yahoo Mail and Hotmail combined, is smart about keeping your inbox free of spam and it supports POP access so you can use your own email application with it. It also has a super smooth browser interface that is speedy as all get out.
The Mozilla Organization is releasing Firefox 1.0 today. If you are not using this amazing browser already, I hightly suggest you give it a try. Like TiVo, you won’t really understand how cool it is until you use it.